El Paso Protective Order Attorney
Handling Domestic Violence Cases with Care
If you need a protective order against an abusive person, we urge you to reach out to our family law firm as soon as possible. We are dedicated to providing the help you need at this critical time. You will find a compassionate and assertive legal professional whose main priority is to help you obtain the safety and peace of mind you deserve when faced with threats to your well-being or that of your children. If you believe you have been named in a protective order that is undeserved or unfair, you will also benefit from the representation we provide.
What Is a Protective Order in Texas?
A protective order is a court order issued by a judge to limit specific actions on the part of an abuser. These are often referred to as restraining orders. There are different types of protective orders for those who have been the victim of domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, or sexual abuse.
A protective order can:
- Order the attacker to refrain from hurting or harassing a family member or dating partner
- Order an attacker to vacate the family home
- Order an attacker to cease contact with a family member or dating partner (or their children) at home, work, school, daycare, or places that they frequent
- Order child support and medical support
- Set up child visitation rules and conditions
- Order an abuser’s participation in an anger management program or substance abuse program
- Order an abuser to undergo drug testing
- Prohibit an abuser from carrying a gun
To obtain a protective order, you will have to show the judge that your abuser engaged in family or dating violence, stalking, or sexual abuse and that such behavior could continue.
At Linette Aguirre-Gonzalez, PLLC, our priority is to protect you and your loved ones. If you have been subjected to abuse, we urge you to contact our firm with our El Paso domestic violence attorney as soon as possible.